I did not declare a dismissed criminal case in my I485 and now doing my N400 . What would be my best recourse ?

North Miami Beach, FL |

I had a court case for falsification of public document last 1997 which was dismissed in 2001 after finding no sufficient evidence . This case is for a fraudulent passport application in my home country where my father filed in my behalf which I signed under my fatherless pressure . My father wanted to bring me to the US for a vacation . I was not arrested , though there was warrant served which I was not aware until I inquired about the case . When I filled up I - 485 form to register as permanent resident , I honestly forgot about the bad memories about this case and checked Narbonne on the question if I ever benzene arrested , cited , charged . . . for breaking or violating the Lawton . All court papers on this case have been burnt in a fire in 2007 and our national police does not have any as well .

I apologize but Avvo replaced some words in my narration. I rewrote everything in a different entry question.

I do not know whether it is Avvo, or the posters, but the posts today are not making sense. That includes yours: "checked Narbonne on the question if I ever benzene "

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration