I did not declare a dismissed criminal case in my I485 and now doing my N400 . What would be my best recourse ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - North Miami Beach, FL

I had a court case for falsification of public document last 1997 which was dismissed in 2001 after finding no sufficient evidence . This case is for a fraudulent passport application in my home country where my father filed in my behalf which I signed under my fatherless pressure . My father wanted to bring me to the US for a vacation . I was not arrested , though there was warrant served which I was not aware until I inquired about the case . When I filled up I - 485 form to register as permanent resident , I honestly forgot about the bad memories about this case and checked Narbonne on the question if I ever benzene arrested , cited , charged . . . for breaking or violating the Lawton . All court papers on this case have been burnt in a fire in 2007 and our national police does not have any as well .

Additional information

I apologize but Avvo replaced some words in my narration. I rewrote everything in a different entry question.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I do not know whether it is Avvo, or the posters, but the posts today are not making sense. That includes yours: "checked Narbonne on the question if I ever benzene "

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,364 answers this week

3,386 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,364 answers this week

3,386 attorneys answering