I did my court ordered IDRC, but missed the assesment because of other things going on. How bad off am I?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sewell, NJ

I pay my fines (direct deposit) and went to the IDRC as scheduled, but forgot about the assesment. Getting ready for finals and my move to a four year university took my mind off of it and I missed the deadline. I have medical records to show a Tramatic Brain Injury has affected my memory and in a situation like that I competely blanked on it. All I want to do now that I am settled is get back on the program and restore my license. What steps should I take?

1. Travis J Tormey

7

Answered . You need to contact DMV/IDRC and reschedule your assessment. Unfortunately, until you do so you won't be able to renew your license. Also, in extreme cases I've seen IDRC converted to jail time based on a failure to complete the required hours and assessment so it's imperative that you do this as soon as possible. Good luck.

2. Benjamin G Kelsen

7

Answered . Contact the MVC and perhaps hire an attorney.

3. James Alexander Abate

Pro

5

Answered . Contact the MVC and/or IDRC ASAP.

Law Offices of James A. Abate Jabatelaw.com (732) 412-2364
  4. Mark M Cheser

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Contact the agenies and the Court and show your medical document.