Skip to main content

I did my court ordered IDRC, but missed the assesment because of other things going on. How bad off am I?

Sewell, NJ |

I pay my fines (direct deposit) and went to the IDRC as scheduled, but forgot about the assesment. Getting ready for finals and my move to a four year university took my mind off of it and I missed the deadline. I have medical records to show a Tramatic Brain Injury has affected my memory and in a situation like that I competely blanked on it. All I want to do now that I am settled is get back on the program and restore my license. What steps should I take?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You need to contact DMV/IDRC and reschedule your assessment. Unfortunately, until you do so you won't be able to renew your license. Also, in extreme cases I've seen IDRC converted to jail time based on a failure to complete the required hours and assessment so it's imperative that you do this as soon as possible. Good luck.

  2. Contact the MVC and perhaps hire an attorney.

    Benjamin G. Kelsen IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 179 Cedar Lane Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: / Email: NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

  3. Contact the MVC and/or IDRC ASAP.

    Law Offices of James A. Abate (732) 412-2364

  4. I agree with my colleagues. Contact the agenies and the Court and show your medical document.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics