I did my biometrics on October 25 last year . . the process i taking so long . have I been rejected ?

Saint George, UT |

Its been 5 months now and I haven't got a word from the department yet

1. This is not necessarily a reason to be alarmed. Applications to Adjust Status can take up to 8 or 9 months to complete. You should wait a little longer. Or, if you like, you may contact USCIS Customer Service at the phone number on your Receipt Notice.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Best of luck.

Dwight D. Myfelt, Esq.
    Email: ddm@hammondlawgroup.com
    Blog: www.healthcarevisalaw.com
    Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/HealthcareVisaLaw/

Please be advised that my response above is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you any myself. You should NOT take action based solely upon this response. I have not conducted the complete inquiry into all the facts of your case which I would undertake if you had retained me to act as your attorney. Additional facts which we would discuss if you hired me to represent you may very well change the response I have provided above. I strongly recommend you talk to an attorney who is experienced in immigration law in order to receive advice specific to your case. All of the responses which I post on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and should be considered to be a form of advertisement.

2. Nothing can be read from the mere passage of time in an immigration case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Go to the USCIS website, linked below, and review the current processing time for your case.

For example, Adjustment of Status applications filed July 16, 2012 or earlier are currently being processed at the Salt Lake City, Utah Field Office. Therefore, if you filed in Utah for Adjustment of Status, you can reasonably expect your case to take an estimated 4 additional months before receiving a final decision. That estimate is based on the assumption that one month real time equals one month processing time, which is never totally accurate.

I am not your attorney. I am providing you an answer for general information purposes only. That information should be used as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for a consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issues. You should not rely on the information above as legal information. Finally, your question and its answers are not confidential and not subject to attorney-client privilege.