Skip to main content

I did I-130 for wife kid included Permanent resident at the time became a citizen ,immigration wants me to file another I-130??

Paterson, NJ |

i already have in hand the visa processing bill $ 230.00 dollars for each person i became a citizen but immigration want me to start another I-130 for my kid ,this only delays more the preocess is there any way of continuing without have to do another I-130

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Hire an immigration attorney to deal with it. You maybe glad you did.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. Hi there- can you be more specific? You filed for your wife's minor child when you filed her 130. What happened next?

    800-688-7892, Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

  3. Did you request they amend your original application to reflect you are now a USC? Are they in your country? Now that you are a citizen the visas for them are immediately available.

    973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

  4. If you didn't file an I-130 for each-and-every person ... you made a mistake.

    Immigration is correct, if you didn't file an I-130 for your 'kid' then you need to file one now.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  5. It seem that you filed a petition for your wife as a permanent resident and her child was included in that application. Now, you are American citizen and USCIS is instructing to file a new I-130 petition for the child. If my interpretation of he facts present is correct, then you have to file an I-130 for the child. Unlike Legal Residents, American citizens are required to file separate petitions for his/her spouse and minor children. As unfair as this seems (very unfair in my opinion), this is the law as it right now. I am assuming you don't have an attorney working your case otherwise you would present this question to him/her. Unfortunately, your case is an example of not getting proper legal advise from the very beginning of the case. Talk to an attorney asap so you don't make any further mistakes.

  6. Consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

  7. Your question is not clear. Consult with a lawyer to figure it out.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics