I did I-130 for wife kid included Permanent resident at the time became a citizen ,immigration wants me to file another I-130??

Asked over 1 year ago - Paterson, NJ

i already have in hand the visa processing bill $ 230.00 dollars for each person i became a citizen but immigration want me to start another I-130 for my kid ,this only delays more the preocess is there any way of continuing without have to do another I-130

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

12

Answered . Hire an immigration attorney to deal with it. You maybe glad you did.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

8

Answered . Did you request they amend your original application to reflect you are now a USC? Are they in your country? Now that you are a citizen the visas for them are immediately available.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

8

Answered . If you didn't file an I-130 for each-and-every person ... you made a mistake.

Immigration is correct, if you didn't file an I-130 for your 'kid' then you need to file one now.

4. Jorge Luis Delgado

8

Answered . It seem that you filed a petition for your wife as a permanent resident and her child was included in that application. Now, you are American citizen and USCIS is instructing to file a new I-130 petition for the child. If my interpretation of he facts present is correct, then you have to file an I-130 for the child. Unlike Legal Residents, American citizens are required to file separate petitions for his/her spouse and minor children. As unfair as this seems (very unfair in my opinion), this is the law as it right now. I am assuming you don't have an attorney working your case otherwise you would present this question to him/her. Unfortunately, your case is an example of not getting proper legal advise from the very beginning of the case. Talk to an attorney asap so you don't make any further mistakes.

5. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

7

Answered . Consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney.

6. Anu Gupta

Pro

6

Answered . Hi there- can you be more specific? You filed for your wife's minor child when you filed her 130. What happened next?

7. Eric M. Mark

Pro

4

Answered . Your question is not clear. Consult with a lawyer to figure it out.