I did a fingerprint to remove condition on residence and i did not get any response

Brooklyn, NY |

fingerprint process

I am not completely clear on your question, but I can tell you that Biometrics (fingerprinting) occurs near the beginning of the process - about a month to six weeks after filing. The complete I-751 Petition to Remove Condition process can take eight to eleven months; it is one of the slower USCIS processes.

So, if a long time passes after fingerprinting without your hearing anything, it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.

2. In an application to remove the conditional nature of a "Green Card," one step includes completing a biometrics/fingerprint appointment. The USCIS then has discretionary authority to require an interview.

In the event of an undue delay, an attorney who belongs to the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) may use USCIS-AILA Liaison channels to find out information or prod the USCIS to take action.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com