I deposited company checks into my personal account totaling $1200, the company is not pressing charges.

New York, NY |

Can the bank still press charges? There is enough money in the account to cover the bad checks.

Why are they bad chaecks? Did they bounce? Is the money stolen? If the money belongs to the company, it is unlikely the bank can press charges. If the bank is the vicitm, ie you stole from the bank, it can press charges.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

checks were made out to the company. But they are not pressing charges. It was a It was an inexcusable lapse in judgment and moral behavior on my part.

What do you mean by "bad checks"? If you stole the money, you should pay it back immediately. This way the employer will not report theft and even if they do, the police likely won't act on it.