I deposited 2 checks with USAA, called to verify the funds (they are based in TX), but 15 days later, they took back the funds.

Asked about 2 years ago - Wilmington, NC

What do I do? They clearly mishandled my money - I deposited the first check from home on Aug. 30. I called USAA on Sept. 2 to ensure the funds were there and ok to use. I was 'assured' the funds were '100% verified,' so I proceeded to use the money. On Sept. 11, the money was gone from my account and several checks bounced as a result. During this time I mailed in a similar check from CitiBank, and I called them and told them about the experience with the first check - I was informed that the first woman I spoke with did not document anything (I do have my phone records though.), nor did the following reps I spoke with. I was then informed that the second check was being investigated in the fraud department, but this turned out to be a lie/untruth, etc., as the money was taken 14 days lat

1. Raphael Samuel Moore

Answered . The question is why the funds were reversed. If it was because of fraud or bad funds, it wouldn't be USAA fault. Unfortunatley, without knowing who you dealt with, you may be without luck.