I'd like to know what does , being brought to a place under false pretenses mean?

Orlando, FL |

when someone says that i was brought here under false pretenses,and the one who brought that person to that place,can the one who brought a person there without that peron's knowledge,and who brought that person against their will,can that person who did this get into legal trouble?because of the trickery that was used?. and can the person who was brought there under false pretenses sue the other. thank you.

This question is almost too general to answer, however, in general, false pretenses is a crime of obtaining money or property through knowingly making false statements. There would be civil liability as well, thus, contact a local lawyer for a free consulation to discuss the specific facts.

Click on the picture to see the profile of the lawyer answering your question. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

The legal definition of false pretenses includes the elements of false representation of fact or circumstance, calculated to mislead. In order for there to be civil liability, however, there must also be causally related damages. That's the pure legal definition. Without facts, it is hard to apply the law and say whether this fits your scenario.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

It means that you are brought for reasons other than the one expresses (i.e., ulterior motive). your fact pattern is vague and lacks the facts necessary to provide further analysis of your issue.

Recommended articles about Personal injury