I cut my neck open with a angle grinder received 5 stitches and would like to have trial ready lawfirm . I need a trial ready

Asked 6 months ago - Flushing, NY

I'm looking for a trial ready lawfirm I have been out of work for 10 months due to injuries to my neck and lower back

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

1

Answered . Avvo's rules do not allow the lawyers to solicit you. I suggest that you try using the Find A Lawyer tab on Avvo.

2. Robert V Cornish Jr.

5

Answered . In addition to AVVO, the Queens County Bar Association has a referral service for the public:

http://qcba.org/public-resources/

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . We may not solicit. Either you handled this on your own and are now faced with a trial. Meaning the insurance carrier has not met your expectations. The other likelihood is that your former firm was relieved as your counsel. Either way there are issues that counsel will may to overcome.

4. Anthony A. Ferrante

Pro

3

Answered . It may be difficult to find an attorney to bring a products liability suit against the manufacturer of the grinder considering the extent of the injuries you describe.

You may not have a target defendant given the situation you describe and it may be in your best interest to contact a workers compensation attorney.

I suggest you use the Find a Lawyer tool on this site and seek out a free consultation from a local attorney.

5. Patrick Joseph Higgins

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Hopefully if this is a work related injury, you have been or can receive workers compensation for these injuries. As to a lawsuit which is different from a workers compensation case, it is not clear from your post the basis for liability for that lawsuit. The fact that you were injured by an angle grinder although painful and difficult for you, does not mean that you have a case or that such a case would succeed. When you see an attorney in your area, you should bring all papers and documents you have, including a list of your doctors, any accident or incident reports, the pleadings and discovery from a lawsuit if you are looking to change counsel, and the angle grinder which hopefully you still have.

6. Mitchell Jan Birzon

Pro

2

Answered . Depending on how you were injured will determine how likely it is that you will find counsel to try your case. You do not provide enough information regarding the cause of your injury.

7. John F Medler Jr

Pro

3

Answered . Enter your city and search for the lawyers on Avvo in your area. There are many lawyers with 10.0 ratings. Check out their experience and find one that is right for your case. Your case is a products liability case, so make sure your lawyer has experience in that area. Good luck!

8. Jeffrey Todd Jones

Pro

Answered . In order to file a lawsuit someone other than you has to be negligent in causing your injury. I would suggest you contact a firm in your area and discuss the facts of the case with them to see if you have a viable case.