I currently work 2 jobs, Can child support be taken from both jobs or just my primary source of income??

Longwood, FL |

I work 2 jobs, at the moment. Im divorcing and want to know if child support will be based on both jobs opr just one. I dont want to work the second job but i have to at the moment. Can I be forced to continue working both jobs by having a huge child support payment

1. You should consult with a Florida attorney to discuss your case in detail. However, generally, a child support obligation is fixed in a dollar amount set at the time of a hearing. The judge sets the obligation based upon a finding of your income at the time. Unless there is a dramatic and/or unforeseen change in circumstances, the obligation isn't changed.

Whether you work one or two jobs should have been taken into account at the time of the initial determination.

2. In Florida, child support is based on income from ALL sources so both jobs are counted.

This is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice upon which anyone should rely. Nor does it create any attorney client relationship.

Stanton L. Cobb
    Board Certified Marital & Family Law Specialist
    Fellow - American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
    P.O. Box 149223
    Orlando, FL 32814-9223
    Tel. (321)972-4643
    Fax (407)374-2499
    email stancobb@flfamilylaw.com