I currently live in Mn I have full legal and physical custody of my children their father is in prison until the year 2015 and

Asked about 1 year ago - Minneota, MN

visitation is reserved for once he is released he has to petition the courts. The only thing in my court order about a move is that I have to give a ten day written notice of my new address and vice versa. My question is can I move out of Mn state to South Dakota it is just about two hours away from where I am at now?

Without the father's permission and not having to petition the courts?

1. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

Answered . Technically, if he doesn't have visitation, you should be able to just follow the order's requirements. I'm not sure honestly how the reservation may change this. It would likely require a close review of the order and relevant case law as I'm not familiar with a Minnesota statute that speaks directly to this situation.

One or more answers have been taken down.