I currently have a TN visa. What is the best way to get to greencard from this position?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I have heard of H1, and TN direct to greencard methods. Can someone provide advice/potentially handle my case?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . TN is a nonimmigrant work status (not even a "visa") that, unlike an H-1B or L-1, where "dual intent" is not recognized or permitted (Canadian NAFTA negotiators are to blame for this). TN has no "direct" route to permanent residence. An employer needs to file fr PERM on your behalf.

Need to hire local immigration counsel to guide you with this and handle your case.

2. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . Change to H-1B next year and be petitioned by an employer for a green card.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Paritosh Bhupesh Sheth

5

Answered . A TN visa can be converted to a H1B visa and this can lead to greencard depending on the circumstances.

Pari@parisheth.com
    3145672010

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . Have employer file for H1B and then petition for you for LPR.