I currently have a no contact order against my wife. How long does that stay in effect and how does it affect my child?

Asked over 3 years ago - Dunedin, FL

My wife was charged with domestic battery and at the hearing i told the judge that i didnt want her to go to jail but at the same time i wanted a no contact order. The order was granted but nothing was said as to how long. There was a bail set and that is all i know. The states attorney has not contacted me yet as to what else is gonna happen. how can i get access to my case and should i get a lawyer? She has also served me with divorce papers.

1. Jay Roger Rooth

Answered . The no contact order will remain in place as long as the criminal case is open unless she has the judge modify the monitions of release. I recommend contacting the state attorneys office and speak with either the assigned state attorney or a victim advocate. If you are considering a more permanent means of protection from your wife, consider speaking with an attorney about having the court issue an injunction.
    Jay Rooth
    Www.mosesandrooth.com

2. John Arthur Smitten

Answered . If you want to lift the no contact order then contact the state attorney on your case