I currently have a house with a reverse mortage, can a credit card company take my house if a stop paying?

Brooklyn, NY |

MyMother in-law recently had a reverse mortage completed. Her husband past away recently and she cannot afford to pay the credit card bills. She has just stop paying as all she receives from Social secuirty is 1200 a month. She recieved a small amount of cash from the reverse mortage as there was not much equity in the house as they still owed on it. What risk is she at for not paying the credit card companies. She owes like 10,000 or more and cannot pay.. Thanks

1. Duplicate post.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.