I crashed to parked trucks bumper, but i have my car insurance but with my student permit..cops came and arrested me for dui.

Stockton, CA |

was night time and was practicing alone with my student permit but i didnt have it with me that time, the car was insured under my name and my husbands name, suddenly on my way back home something crossed my way and i was startled and got nervous making me swervind onto the parked car on the side road,,,what are the consequences,,,can my insurance take careof the car i crushed into?

1. Your insurer should cover the property damage to the other vehicle. If not already done, report it to that carrier immediately. As for the other concerns, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney immediately. A DUI charge is serious business.

2. Your insurer will likely cover the property damage. You need to focus on the bigger issue: that you got a DUI and you don't even have a driver's license. You need to contact a criminal defense attorney right away.

3. Yes, unless you failed to comply with the provisions of your policy.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

4. Your insurance should cover. Retain a local DUI attorney to fight the charges.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

DUI topics