I crashed to parked trucks bumper, but i have my car insurance but with my student permit..cops came and arrested me for dui.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Stockton, CA

was night time and was practicing alone with my student permit but i didnt have it with me that time, the car was insured under my name and my husbands name, suddenly on my way back home something crossed my way and i was startled and got nervous making me swervind onto the parked car on the side road,,,what are the consequences,,,can my insurance take careof the car i crushed into?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Sean Michael Patrick

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, unless you failed to comply with the provisions of your policy.

    I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which... more
  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your insurance should cover. Retain a local DUI attorney to fight the charges.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your insurer should cover the property damage to the other vehicle. If not already done, report it to that carrier immediately. As for the other concerns, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney immediately. A DUI charge is serious business.

  4. Drew Daniel Price

    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your insurer will likely cover the property damage. You need to focus on the bigger issue: that you got a DUI and you don't even have a driver's license. You need to contact a criminal defense attorney right away.

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,573 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,573 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering