I completed the biometrics stage 4 months ago and I haven't received any news. Why is it taking this long?

Asked over 1 year ago - Plant City, FL

I have no criminal record and have graduated from school. I'm worried of why its taking this long to receive news. I have heard from certain people that in the state of Florida the approvals were taking longer than other states. Any information will help and thanks in advance.

1. Heather Morcroft

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . My experience has been that things have slowed down significantly over the last year. I would not assume that there is anything negative about the delay. You may want to stay on top of what is happening however. If you have your receipt number, you can go on to USCIS.gov and track the progress of your application.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. Dwight David Myfelt

1

1

Answered . The typical I-485 can take 4 to 8 months to process. It does not appear you are outside normal processing times yet.

3. Dean P Murray

Answered . I agree with Attorney Morcroft. Good luck to you.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

4. Emel Ersan

Answered . My experience in Tampa has been that in 4 months I already get an interview date, but it may not be anythign to worry about. Just go to the website. If it bothers you too much you could get an infopass appointment.

This is only a short advice- you should not file anything without getting the full facts from a lawyer.