I completed the biometrics stage 4 months ago and I haven't received any news. Why is it taking this long?

Plant City, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

I have no criminal record and have graduated from school. I'm worried of why its taking this long to receive news. I have heard from certain people that in the state of Florida the approvals were taking longer than other states. Any information will help and thanks in advance.

My experience has been that things have slowed down significantly over the last year. I would not assume that there is anything negative about the delay. You may want to stay on top of what is happening however. If you have your receipt number, you can go on to and track the progress of your application.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

The typical I-485 can take 4 to 8 months to process. It does not appear you are outside normal processing times yet.

I agree with Attorney Morcroft. Good luck to you.
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

My experience in Tampa has been that in 4 months I already get an interview date, but it may not be anythign to worry about. Just go to the website. If it bothers you too much you could get an infopass appointment.

This is only a short advice- you should not file anything without getting the full facts from a lawyer.

Recommended articles about Immigration