Skip to main content

I completed my masters from the US in 2006. I am currently pursuing Phd. Can I file for my H1B under the masters quota ?

Dallas, TX |

I am currently on F1 status doing my PhD. But, I want to drop out and start working in the industry. I had earned my masters degree in the United states back in 2006. Can this masters degree be used to apply for the masters H1-B cap ?

Also, between 2006 and 2011, I was working in Europe. Does this mean I am not eligible for the Masters H1-B cap ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3




Yes, please do.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Your future employer can do so.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer