I completed my ga first offender probation in 2011 and I want to know after completion, what do I need to do to seal my record?

Norcross, GA |

When employers pull my record its showing that I was convicted.

1. Your record won't be "sealed", but there shouldn't be a conviction showing if you successfully completed your probation. This is something that is fairly easy to fix for an attorney. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. I would be happy to help.
    Regards,
    M. Jason Rhoades

2. The arrest should still show up, and you may eventually be able to try and have that expunged, but there should be no conviction. Go and get a copy of your sentence from the court where you entered your plea, and go and see an attorney about a way to have this reported correctly on GCIC and NCIC.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP hmgrmg@yahoo.com 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 gadebtlaw.com hicksmasseyandgardner.com serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

3. Upon completion of a first offender sentence, the only requirement is that the clerk of court notate that on the face of your file. Depending upon the county of conviction and the assigned judge, you may find that you cannot have the file sealed from view. Some counties have online databases and if you are pursuing a sealed file, make sure to include excluding this from online inquiries. There is no way to expunge this, even after completing first offender. You may be eligible for pardon. Potential employers may still see the charges, the file and the successful completion of the sentence.

I am an attorney. I am not your attorney unless you have signed a written contract with me and given me money. This is information for educational purposes only, and no attorney-client privilege exists.