I completed my ga first offender probation in 2011 and I want to know after completion, what do I need to do to seal my record?

Asked about 2 years ago - Norcross, GA

When employers pull my record its showing that I was convicted.

1. Michael Jason Rhoades

2

Answered . Your record won't be "sealed", but there shouldn't be a conviction showing if you successfully completed your probation. This is something that is fairly easy to fix for an attorney. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. I would be happy to help.
    Regards,
    M. Jason Rhoades

2. Jessica Ruth Towne

Pro

2

Answered . Upon completion of a first offender sentence, the only requirement is that the clerk of court notate that on the face of your file. Depending upon the county of conviction and the assigned judge, you may find that you cannot have the file sealed from view. Some counties have online databases and if you are pursuing a sealed file, make sure to include excluding this from online inquiries. There is no way to expunge this, even after completing first offender. You may be eligible for pardon. Potential employers may still see the charges, the file and the successful completion of the sentence.

3. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

1

Answered . The arrest should still show up, and you may eventually be able to try and have that expunged, but there should be no conviction. Go and get a copy of your sentence from the court where you entered your plea, and go and see an attorney about a way to have this reported correctly on GCIC and NCIC.