Skip to main content

I completed 6 of 18 months dui program in california. I was kicked out due to miscommunication about LOA. Court never contacted

Sacramento, CA |

like the school said they would, and i no longer had any way of getting to and from DUI school at all. It has been almost a year since my last class, DMV only recently updated that I am not in compliance, still nothing from court. I am afraid of going to jail for the VOP, and less afraid but concerned about losing the 6 months credit. Can an attorney tell me what I need to do to get this addressed the best way possible? What are the judges doing on average in Sacramento when this happens? My home court judge really hated how i got 3 so quickly and rejected the plea deal i got with the DA, and subsequently got it approved by a traveling judge when she was out of town. Home court wanted 210 days ST, I got 150days house arrest, concurrent time, and the dui school. Am I going to jail for VOP?

My attorney, who was great since i didnt spend a day in jail and thats all i wanted (and paid a hell of a lot to do), no longer will represent me. He ended up representing other members of my family and things got messy in unrelated things and now I feel like i'm on my own.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Retain another equally qualified local traffic attorney licensed in CA to look into your matter to completion.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

  2. You need an attorney. It is possible that jail time can be given .,

    Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

  3. You need to deal with this sooner rather than later. It will only get worse with the passage of time. A locally experienced DUI attorney may be able to have you re-referred to the alcohol school without you having to be present in court. Good luck.

    Jasen Nielsen

  4. As a former prosecutor who now practices DUI defense, I would suggest that you not wait for the court to violate you but that you bring an attorney with you and set your case on calendar and explain your situation and ask for re-enrollment papers. In most cases a court will be much more lenient if you step up to the plate and ask to be put back into the program. Most programs will give you credit for the time you served as long as there is a valid reason for the absence. Good Luck.

    I am not licensed in VA

DUI court topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics