I committed Unemployment Insurance Fraud in New York State while in the Federal benefit extension period. How do I rectify?

Asked over 3 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

I collected 5 weeks into a new job, starting at approximately the 40th week of my unemployment. What is the State going to do? What is the Fed going to do? To Whom do I turn myself in?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ronald Anthony Sarno

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The State may not consider this a criminal act. You need to discuss your problems with a NYS law familiar with the rules.

    The questioner might find some of my legal guides helpful:
    From my legal guides on law in general and about attorneys
    Is it Legal? Is it Illegal?
    Selecting and Hiring a Lawyer
    Understanding the Different Court Systems

    An Introduction to Legal Terms used in Litigation.

    Our NYC law firm may be able to help you.

    If you want to learn more about my law firm access our website: www.sarnoanddefelice.com. You can learn more about me including my contact information on my avvo profile

    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,079 answers this week

3,329 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,079 answers this week

3,329 attorneys answering