I come with great sadness to even have to ask this question.

New Orleans, LA |

If you have facts on a attorney and it is someone you have known your whole life, would you report them? I don't want to talk about what may or may not have happen, I am asking if you had facts on a attorney and they broke the law by using their legal knowledge and influence would you report them?

Thank you for your wisdom, and time into this matter.

Mr. Singleton is correct. There is a difference in obligations which makes asking an attorney what he or she thinks is appropriate for you.
I understand your conflict. Perhaps the best approach is to follow a Masonic command and to take this person aside and "whisper good counsel" in their ear.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

As an attorney, I have a legal obligation to report to the Atty. grievance commission any behavior on the part about another attorney that violates the code of professional responsibility. As a private citizen or nonlawyer, you have no legal obligation to report any lawyer regardless of their conduct. Thus, even if you were aware that this lawyer violated the law, you have no legal obligation to report – person. You may feel that you have an ethical obligation but that is not one that is legally enforced.