I come US as marriage VISA from my spouse 9 months ago and plan to file a divorce. I still want to work in US. What will happen?

Fayetteville, AR |
Filed under: Divorce Immigration

What are the application form or VISA should i apply after i lost my marriage status in order for me to continue stay in US to work?

Have you been granted conditional permanent residence (a 2-year green card)?

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Yes. I have been granted conditional permanent residence (2-years green card)

My green card will expire next year. What should i do if i want to carry on work in US?

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

File an I-751 waiver with the USCIS as soon as your divorce is finalized. http://shusterman.com/i751waiverwhereamarriageendsindivorce.html

It depends on you current status. Do you have a green card? Is it a two year card or ten year card? Please clarify.

Yes! I have a green card and is 2 years green card.

Philip Alan Eichorn

Philip Alan Eichorn

If you're a conditional resident getting a divorce, then you can still file to remove the conditions and obtain full lawful permanent resident status. Please retain a lawyer to represent you now so that the process becomes easier in the future.

if you came on a K1, you can pack and go home now. There is nothing that can be done really unless in some very limited circumstances. If you want to know whether you circumstances fall in this category, have a sit down with an immigration attorney and find out.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Nope. I'm here with a 2 years conditional green card and i already in US for 9 months but my marriage broke off. Plan to file a divorce but still want to stay in US to work. Will i have to pack my bag and leave the country? please assist me and giving me advice for what are the option that are available for me. Thanks!

I agree with the other responses. An immigration attorney would need more information about your case. Under what type of visa did you enter? Are you now a Conditional Permanent Resident? These answers would help an attorney in assessing you options. Good luck.!

I'm entering with 2 years conditional green card but now is less than 2 years and my marriage life change. I plan to file a divorce with my husband but i still want to work and stay in US. Please assist me and let me know what are the option available for me now.