I collected one week of unemployment while working full time - they have found out about it .

Orlando, FL |

What can happend? i have a clean record. The amount was 275.00

1. 1. You will have to reimburse the money.
    2. If you completed forms for the receipt of that money, alleging that you were not working, that is a fraud and you could potentially be charged criminally for that.
    3. Have you gotten notice of any criminal investigation? If so, contact an attorney and dont speak to anyone about what has occurred.

2. Excellent advice from the previous attorney. Unemployment fraud is very serious. I have seen many people being criminally prosecuted for this serious violation. If you are charged with unemployment fraud make sure to consult with an attorney before you appear in court.

The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.