I co signed for my husbands motorcycle. He now says he wants a divorce.

Asked 10 months ago - Budd Lake, NJ

If we do get a divorce what will some of the options be to removed me from the loan?

1. David F Salvaggio

Pro

1

Answered . If your husband won't (or can't) refinance the loan in his own name, you need to insist that the motorcycle be sold.

I strongly recommend that you meet as soon as possible with a very experienced lawyer who (like me) devotes his/her ENTIRE practice to New Jersey Divorce and Family Law matters, go over your situation in detail, get educated answers to your questions, and obtain expert guidance as to the best course of action. In my opinion, it will be well worth the cost of the meeting.

For more information about divorce in New Jersey, you can go to the website www.nj-divorce.net.

2. Myra Chack Fleischer

2

Answered . You must ask to be refinanced off the loan or the loan company will look to you to pay the debt even if it is assigned to him in the final paperwork.

3. David Alexander Browde

Pro

Answered . Refinancing. Period.