I co-signed for a PR bond, can I revoke that bond to no longer be responsible?

Loveland, CO |

I am wanting to know if my name can be taken off of a PR bond that I co-signed for so that the courts cannot come after me if the person bonded fails to appear in court.

1. First, in actuality, courts don't really come come after people who co-sign on PR bonds. If you had posted a cash bond, you should be worried. I am a former judge. In 7 years of people failing to appear on PR bonds, we never pursued any of the co-signors. However, you are free to bring the person to the judge and tell the judge that you are no long willing to serve as a co-signor on the bond and see if the judge wants to leave him on a PR bond or whether the judge wants to put the person back in jail and require them to post a bond.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.