I co-signed a credit approval for a friend/coworker and was approved and bought an$18,000 motorcycle. I am having second thought

Bronx, NY |

Nov. 24, 2012, I co-signed a purchase of a motorcycle for a friend/co-worker for $18,000. Can I retract my signature?

See a kcal bankruptcy lawyer. Also, see a business lawyer as soon as possible and bring in the contract. Is e other person willing to get another cosigner or will to refinance?

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

I doubt it. Why would the lender let you off the hook after the motorcycle has been delivered?

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Contact a contract attorney in your area as soon as possible, there may be an opt out provision.

Please do not take my answer to be legal advice that would establish any attorney-client relationship. Please take it as a general response from my own experience in response to your question. I hope you find it helpful.

Business topics