I Closed On The Sale Of My Commerical Building Can I Back Out If So How Long Do I Have.

Asked about 1 year ago - Fraser, MI

How long Do I Have To Back oyt Of The Sale Of A Commerical Building

1. David B. Forest

4

Answered . There is no time period that allows you to back out of a closed real estate sale. The 'three day period' that you may have heard about applies in only very limited circumstances, and this is not one of them. However, if there were irregularities in the transaction (fraud, etc.), there is always a chance that there might be grounds for recision (to unwind the deal). However, these are also quite rare.
    You should have a licensed attorney who specializes in real estate review your situation.

2. James P. Frederick

4

Answered . The answer depends on your purchase agreement. There is no inherent right to cancel, at all.

James Frederick

3. John F. Brennan

3

Answered . You can see an attorney with the documents to see if there is an escape clause or a defect in the transaction, but generally, once the deal is closed, it is closed. Seek counsel if you think you have an argument.

4. Peter J Weinman

Pro

3

Answered . Absent some provable fraud, duress, or other extenuating circumstances, once you have closed, you cannot "back out."

What happened?

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now