I chocked on a bone in my mc donalds boneless chicken sandwhich do i have a case

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

the bone was struck in my throat my coworker had to help i couldnt breathe

1. Sandra B. Worthington

Pro

13

Answered . Yes you have a potential claim. I hope you reported the incident and showed the bone to the manager of the McDonald's and that you kept the bone in a safe place.

Another important question is whether you needed medical help after the incident. If not, the claim is probably too small for most attorneys to consider accepting. That doesn't mean you can't pursue it on your own, but you should have some legal advice before you take on McDonald's. If there was no medical care at all, sometimes a large corporation like McDonald's will pay something on it, but it will be a tiny amount or "token" settlement, if anything.

Feel free to contact my office if you need further advice. Remember that your statute of limitations is two years from the date of the incident. After that date, if you have not settled the claim or filed suit, you will lose any rights you have to do so. Good luck!

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

12

Answered . Maybe; how are you now, do you have the bone, was it reported?

Pro

9

Answered . If you were injured, contact one of the personal injury lawyers above to pursue a claim. I'm sorry, but my office only handles catastrophic injuries. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

Pro

9

Answered . Did you report it at the store?
    Did you preserve the bone?
    Did you obtain medical care?

5. Timothy Leo Bowden

9

Answered . possibly. it will be dependent on several specific facts. i would let a local attorney who contributes here further advise you.

6. Jennifer L. Ellis

Pro

4

Answered . I am glad your coworker was there to help you, what a scary experience. As others have said, whether you have a case will depend on a number of circumstances. There are certainly cases in which someone has chocked on a bone, been injured and been able to recover for his or her injuries. Each case is individual, so your case will depend on what happened to you, specifically.

My suggestion is that you contact a firm in the Philadelphia area and ask an attorney to asses your case for you. You may feel free to contact my firm, we have an office in Philly and on the Main Line. Feel free to use my name if you desire.

7. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

3

Answered . I don't think you have a substantial claim but Mcdonalds will pay something

One or more answers have been taken down.