I check IDs.worry Can i get jail time for customers pay me 4my goods thru my merchant account w/ credit cards if report stolen.

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Credit card fraud

I do check customers ID's everything seems legit good, but still worried about some of the customers credit cards might be stolen credit cards that i might get sued by the right owners of cards and have to give money back do jail time.

If too many instances of fraud show up on your merchant account, it could get cancelled. otherwise, I don't see how you can be responsible for someone elses crimes if you have no part in it.

This is not legal advice but a general comment on society. International Law 24/7 hotline +1-202-318-2406 - Dr. Jonathan Levy, PhD calls or emails usually returned within 24 hours.

2. If you get the required info, you should be fine!

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

3. If you do all that you are supposed to do then you shouldn’t have a problem. If on the other hand it can be established that you knew or should have known that the card being used is a stolen card, that’s an entirely different story.

4. If it can be proven you knew or should have known some of your customers are crooks, I think a fraud suit could be maintained as well as charges and jail time for criminal possession of forged /stolen instrument or possessing stolen property.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights. Good Luck.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.

“LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

--

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado

Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com

www.EstrellaLawyer.com

Credit card fraud topics