Skip to main content

I caused an accident in tallahassee fl. im being sued for 35000 ny state farm under subrogation.

Tallahassee, FL |

i had pip and bodily insurance but not enough to cover all damages. im afraid that my license will be taken away. i have a lawyer working for me from my insurance company. i cant possibly pay this and have no money.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. The amount that you are sued for and the actual value of the case are two different things. Have a one on one conversation with both the insurance claims adjuster and the insurance attorney. If they feel that the potential liability exceeds your coverage limit, then retain your own attorney to help you with the case.

    I truly wish you the best.

    If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

    This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

  2. You have a lawyer, but perhaps the lawyer can negotiate down the amount you owe.

    Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Since you are currently represented by an attorney, attorneys here on are ethically prohibited from giving you specific legal advice on your claim.

    What I suggest you do is request a face-to-face meeting with your defense attorney and review your insurance coverage limits, income and asset situation and determine whether or not it would be appropriate for you to retain personal counsel to represent you in the event your insurance coverage is inadequate.

    As a future precaution, I suggest that you sit down with an independent insurance agent and discuss what level of liability coverage and what type of coverage you should have in Florida, given your age, marital status, dependents, income and assets.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics