Skip to main content

I cant get any of the $ i was left due to restrictions in the will, can anything be done ?

Ephrata, PA |

granny left me $ power of attorney making it hard to get any of it need help

Attorney Answers 4

  1. If you haven't done so already, you need to talk, in person, with a local attorney. He/she will need to review the Will or Trust to advise you what rights you have or don't have.

    Good Luck.

    Legal Disclaimer: Paul A. Smolinski is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois only, and as such, his answers to AVVO inquiries are based on his understanding of Illinois law only. His answers are for general information about perceived legal issues within this question only and no response to any posted inquiry should be deemed to extend any right of confidentiality between you and Mr. Smolinski, to constitute legal advice, or create an attorney/client or other contractual relationship. An attorney/client relationship is formed only by specific agreement including an evaluation of the specific legal problem and review of all the facts and documents at issue. We try to insure the accuracy of this information, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The reader should never assume that this information applies to his or her specific situation or constitutes legal advice. Therefore, please consult competent counsel that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction and who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances.

  2. An attorney will need to review the will to determine what if anything can be done.

  3. Attorneys Wagner and Smolinski have provided you with solid advice. Avvo is great for questions of law, not questions of fact. The terms of a will are the latter, so you will need to have an attorney review the will to determine your rights and to protect the same. Good luck to you.

    This information is presented as a public service. It should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor considered to be the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. I am licensed in Connecticut and New York and my answers are based upon the law in those jurisdictions. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if I were to review a client's file and have the opportunity to interview the client. Accordingly, I strongly urge you to retain an attorney in your jurisdiction with respect to any legal matter.

  4. You should contact a local Estate Administration Attorney.

    If you liked my answer, please rate it "HELPFUL" or "BEST". You can contact me for further detailed answers at 412-904-5305. **DISCLAIMER** Michael I. Werner is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. His practice focuses on Pennsylvania Landlord-Tenant Law, Estate Planning, Pennsylvania Real Estate, Assessment Appeals, and General Business Matters. This answer is based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with an attorney prior to taking legal actions on your own.

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics