I cant find my husband what do I do?

Stockton, CA |

When he left he took all paperwork relevant to our relationship, marriage license etc... I have his social security number. I have searched the internet, found and contacted his family who all say they have had no contact with him period and don't want any.

You are going to need to make reasonable efforts to find him and document what you've tried. If you can't despite all reasonable efforts, you may request that the court allow you to serve him by alternate means. This is a formal process and the paperwork must be drafted and filed correctly. I strongly recommend getting the help of a California divorce lawyer.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

You might try a private detective to find him.
They have stronger internet search methods.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Recommended articles about Family law