I cant afford a lawyer for slander lawsuits. But I have serious damages and a winnable case. Can payment be in a % of winnings?

Pittsburgh, PA |

I was slandered & lied about by people - leading to a false arrest & imprisonment for ~a year. I have proof they lied, & had a motive to lie. I witnessed crimes they committed, but police ignored my report & set me up. Ive lost time, happiness, money, reputation, dignity, privacy & friends because of the lies. Also my ex-lawyer broke client confidentiality by giving out private info to the news (without consent), which put my life in danger & I was harassed. He slandered about me to my parents (to get of doing his job). I also have grounds for medical neglect leading to illness; civil rights violations by state police. I never got justice nor zealous defense. I was in the news so this would be good publicity. I cant afford justice. Would anyone stand up for the little guy & the truth?

~Out of jail ~I am not a public figure & the liars are normal people. ~I couldnt find a public pro bono lawyer. ~I have proof that one liar claimed they are a good at lying, & claimed they would stalk me if I broke up with them. They got away with it the first time; Now they are still lying about me (with unsworn falsification to authorities), & using the courts to harass me with false complaints that go on my record (& get me in trouble). ~Related lawsuit grounds: My 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 14th Amendment rights were violated by Police, Jail, and/or Lawyers. I was arrested without Probable Cause, not read my Miranda rights before a Custodial Interrogation, I was denied a lawyer by police, physically threatened by police; lies were used in the search warrant, and I was jailed without evidence. ~There was also lawyer malpractice leading to serious loss. Winning a case against them or the government could earn a big settlement to pay lawyer fees, right? ~My life was ruined for money.

I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies.

That being said, you can find attorneys who will work for a contingent fee; but whether they will take your case will depend on the evidence you have. You will need to sit down with an attorney and go over your case in detail. Get a referral from the PIttsburgh Bar Association.

/Christopher E. Ezold/

The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
Employment, Business and Health Law
One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585
Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
www.ezoldlaw.com

I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies. /Christopher E. Ezold/ The Ezold Law Firm, P.C. Employment, Business and Health Law One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501 Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 (610) 660-5585 Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com www.ezoldlaw.com

Proceed carefully in your search. Usually personal injury cases are those that can be contingent fee matters. Some states have strict regulations about what kinds of cases (defamation, civil rights, etc.) can be taken by a law office on a contingency basis,

This case seems rather complicated, and might take a very long battle to win. As others have said, there are some causes of action that might not be able to be taken on contingency in your state. Also, finding and working with an attorney might be difficult while you are serving time. Also keep in mind statutes of limitations. You'll need to file before those pass.

Good luck

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

Most defamation lawyers want a $5,000.00 retainer just to begin work, but you can call around

Call the Pittsburgh Bar Association for information on handling slander lawsuits on a contingency fee, and local attorney referral.