I cannot afford to pay a traffic ticket, how can I go about getting my drivers license back

Grand Terrace, CA |

I am homeless

Goto the clerk's office and schedule a hearing to see the judge. In many places, indigent people are allowed to do community service to work off the fines.

I like the idea of scheduling a hearing with the judge. You might also go to the traffic ticket window (or equivalent in your area) at the Courthouse and see if you can be placed on a payment plan. Be aware that a judge might want to see proof of insurance on the vehicle you own / are driving. It is logical to wonder how you can afford insurance if you can't afford the ticket. But perhaps you can't afford the ticket because you are paying for necessities like auto insurance, or perhaps you are covered under someone else's plan. Nonetheless, you should be prepared for such a question from the judge. Good luck.

Go to clerks office and have your matter out on calendar . Request community service in lieu of fine.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

Try to appear in the traffic court handling your ticket. Explain that you have no funds. See what happens.

Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney--San Diego County--Free Consultations.