I can't get my SSN because of the shutdown, can i work with my Employment Authorization Card alone?

Pasadena, TX |

I got my Employment Authorization Card in the mail this afternoon. I was about to go over to the local SS office here in Pasadena (texas) to apply for my SSN when i read online that processing new SSN applications falls under the list of items they DONT do while in the current shutdown. my question is, can i find a job and work using my Employment Authorization Card Alone? My Employment Authorization Card is connected to my AOS case. What do i put when a job requires a SSN. Can i obtain a texas Id without a SSN as well? what do i do. HELPPPPP!!!!!
There are no terms nor conditions stated on my Employment card.

1. Yes, absolutely you can!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You can accept employment. In regards to SS, you gonna have to wait till government reopens. In regards to TX ID, contact a TX attorney.

3. Yes

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.