I can't find the California Authorized gent for service for Alaska Airlines, Inc.

Santa Barbara, CA |

I thought every airline that operated in California had to have an AAS.

I did the Secretary of State search with every variation of the name (Alaska Air Group, Alaska/Horiszon, etc.) but nothing.

What am I not doing?

Thanks.

According to the CA Secretary of State website, the agent for service of process is in Sacramento:

Entity Name: ALASKA AIRLINES, INC.
Entity Number: C0914667
Date Filed: 03/29/1979
Status: ACTIVE
Jurisdiction: ALASKA
Entity Address: PO BOX 68900
Entity City, State, Zip: SEATTLE WA 98168
Agent for Service of Process: CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY WHICH WILL DO BUSINESS IN CALIFORNIA AS CSC - LAWYERS INCORPORATING SERVICE
Agent Address: 2710 GATEWAY OAKS DR STE 150N
Agent City, State, Zip: SACRAMENTO CA 95833

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

Many thanks. What did I do wrong? I put that in, with the comma included, etc.

Good answer! You may wish to consult with an attorney if you are going up against an airline.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Attorney Chen gave you the information you need. You should retain an AVVO Attorney to handle your matter for you.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.