I can't afford my bond of $2.000..What are my opt?

Chicago, IL |

Son was arrested 5 days ago...He was given a bail of $2,000..He can't afford a lawyer! Has a job at Home Depo...but the longer he sits..He won't have a job to go to.. Is there a Pro Bono Att that will look into this? Not sure what to do???

Your son is entitled to a public defender. He should ask to have the bond reduced. What is your son charged with? If this is a simple D-Bond, $200 should get him out.

The$2,000 is the 10%..of $20,000...When I went to Cook Co. On 26th & Cal..They told me that they didn't know what the charge was & stated it was a warrant from 3yrs ago..from Carbondale..

What is he charged with?

We need more information. If the judge set bond at $2000, he needs 10% or $200 to bail out. If it is $20,000, then he needs $2000. What is the charge? If you can't afford a lawyer, he can get a public defender and ask that bail be reduced to an amount you can raise. You need to get more information before anyone can give more than very general advice.