I can't afford my bond of $2.000..What are my opt?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

Son was arrested 5 days ago...He was given a bail of $2,000..He can't afford a lawyer! Has a job at Home Depo...but the longer he sits..He won't have a job to go to.. Is there a Pro Bono Att that will look into this? Not sure what to do???

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your son is entitled to a public defender. He should ask to have the bond reduced. What is your son charged with? If this is a simple D-Bond, $200 should get him out.

  2. Edward M. Rothschild

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . We need more information. If the judge set bond at $2000, he needs 10% or $200 to bail out. If it is $20,000, then he needs $2000. What is the charge? If you can't afford a lawyer, he can get a public defender and ask that bail be reduced to an amount you can raise. You need to get more information before anyone can give more than very general advice.

  3. Melissa I. Smejkal

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . What is he charged with?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,633 answers this week

3,111 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,633 answers this week

3,111 attorneys answering