Skip to main content

I came USA at 7, 1987 was 13 when my father became citizen he never put my name on his citizenship papers want be a citizen

Brooklyn, NY |

I came to USA at 7 in 1987 was 13 when my father became citizen but he never put my name on his citizenship papers for me to automatically be citizen 2 , now mi 33 how can i be a citizen what's the right fees everyone telling me something different . don't want to pay too much and get the wrong info .

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If you are asking whether you derived citizenship from your father, that depends. More information is needed. I think that you do need to consult with an experienced attorney.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  2. Whether you became a US citizen depends on both what your status was at the time and what the laws were at the time.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. You need to have an attorney fully review all of your situation. You may have some options, but the options will be very fact specific.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics