I came USA at 7, 1987 was 13 when my father became citizen he never put my name on his citizenship papers want be a citizen

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I came to USA at 7 in 1987 was 13 when my father became citizen but he never put my name on his citizenship papers for me to automatically be citizen 2 , now mi 33 how can i be a citizen what's the right fees everyone telling me something different . don't want to pay too much and get the wrong info .

1. Irene Vaisman

4

1

Answered . If you are asking whether you derived citizenship from your father, that depends. More information is needed. I think that you do need to consult with an experienced attorney.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. J Charles Ferrari

4

1

Answered . Whether you became a US citizen depends on both what your status was at the time and what the laws were at the time.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Rebecca T White

2

1

Answered . You need to have an attorney fully review all of your situation. You may have some options, but the options will be very fact specific.