I came USA at 7, 1987 was 13 when my father became citizen he never put my name on his citizenship papers want be a citizen

Brooklyn, NY |

I came to USA at 7 in 1987 was 13 when my father became citizen but he never put my name on his citizenship papers for me to automatically be citizen 2 , now mi 33 how can i be a citizen what's the right fees everyone telling me something different . don't want to pay too much and get the wrong info .

If you are asking whether you derived citizenship from your father, that depends. More information is needed. I think that you do need to consult with an experienced attorney.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

like what kinda info. i thought i answered all i came at 7 around 1987 and then at 1993 father was citizen then at that time law was child can be citizen thru father automatically. so i need to know am i citizen or not and what i need to do to be one if no yet.

do u offer free consultation since i see u in brooklyn ny close to me im in brooklyn too.

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

it was not as simple as that, he had to have custody over you. Yes, I do have a free consultation.

Ok great he did have custody of me at that time till im my own man and 33 now lol. and i would like to set up a free consultation with u when are u free available this week, u can call me thru here or whats best for u.

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

I can't call you since I do not have any of your information, but you can certainly go on my web cite through avvo and call the office and schedule a consultation.

Ok great thanx ill do that

Whether you became a US citizen depends on both what your status was at the time and what the laws were at the time.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You need to have an attorney fully review all of your situation. You may have some options, but the options will be very fact specific.