Skip to main content

I came usa and went india 2007 and re entry permit and came usa 15 march 2010 and now i in usa when i apply to citizen?

Cary, NC |

i want to apply for citizen

came usa and went india 2007 and re entry permit and came usa 15 march 2010 and now i in usa when i apply to citizen?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


More information is needed to answer your question.


What is your current status and how did you aquire it?
More information is needed.


When you meet all the requirements. What that is cannot be determined on the facts posted.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


unless you are married to a United States citizen and living with the United States citizen, you must be a resident in United States for 5 years prior to the date of application. In addition to having 5 years residence in United States. You must be physically present in United States for at least 2 1/2 years plus one day of the five-year period. Additionally, you are not permitted to have any absences of more than one year during the five-year period and if you have absences of more than 6 months you will need to have a satisfactory basis for the extended absence.

From the information you have provided it cannot be determined if you are currently eligible for. US citizenship through naturalization. You would be well served to set up a consultation with an immigration attorney.

Contact us at:

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer