I came to the US as an F1 Student in Jan 2012 and then filed for Asylum without going to school.

Inglewood, CA |

My application was referred to the Immigration for a decision and I was put in removal proceedings. I have my master hearing in August 2014. I have received another immigration permanent residence from the Canadian government through my sister in CANADA (Family sponsorship program). If I withdraw my application at this stage what are my chances of ever coming to the US for a visit. Will I be banned from coming here. I am not returning to my home country where I fear persecution.

Your ability to return to the US, or not, will 'hinge' on whether or not you filed a 'frivolous' asylum application.

The US government takes false/frivolous applications quite seriously.

Meet with an immigration attorney for a private evaluation of your papers.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Cannot be determined without a full review of the entire case.

You will need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration