I came on f1 visa and currently studying ESL and I am tired of that I want to change my status. What is the procedure.

Arlington, TX |

My uncle has a gas station and he wants to sponsor me. How can he sponsor me and what status do I apply for and what is the procedure

this is a very broad questions to ask on a forum. You should consider an in person consultation with an experienced attorney in your area

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Unfortunately, he cannot petition you for an non-immigrant visa. He might be able to do so for a green card, but that will take years and you will need to be outside the US if you are not continuing your studies.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration