I came in to the u.s illegally I got married and my husband is a u.s permanent resident can he fix my immigration status?

Omaha, NE |

can my husband wich he is a u.s permanent resident fix my immigration status if I came into the u.s illegally 15 years ago?

This is a repost. Please see earlier answer.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

If illegally means by barging in through the border, your husband cannot " fix your immigration status" In fact he would not be able to, had he been a USC. "To fix your immigration status" you will need to wait until either your husband becomes a citizen and you go though a waiver process or the Congress changes the law to provide adjustment of status to EWIs, which is highly unlikely.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You can also consult with a lawyer regarding whether you would be eligible for a green card through Cancellation of Removal if you ended up in removal proceedings. Make your husband become a US citizen so you can get your GC through the new provisional waiver program. use a lawyer for either of these.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

Recommended articles about Immigration