I came in to the u.s illegally I got married and my husband is a u.s permanent resident can he fix my immigration status?

Omaha, NE |

can my husband wich he is a u.s permanent resident fix my immigration status if I came into the u.s illegally 15 years ago?

1. This is a repost. Please see earlier answer.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. If illegally means by barging in through the border, your husband cannot " fix your immigration status" In fact he would not be able to, had he been a USC. "To fix your immigration status" you will need to wait until either your husband becomes a citizen and you go though a waiver process or the Congress changes the law to provide adjustment of status to EWIs, which is highly unlikely.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. You can also consult with a lawyer regarding whether you would be eligible for a green card through Cancellation of Removal if you ended up in removal proceedings. Make your husband become a US citizen so you can get your GC through the new provisional waiver program. use a lawyer for either of these.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.