Skip to main content

I came here on an f1 visa. Later married USC but failed to maintain status. Last month I filled i485 and after one week ice came

Toledo, OH |

And picked me from my house and now I have NTA. Also had I-130 approved last year. I also have receipt for i-485 but still didnt listen to me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Time to hire an immigration attorney. It is as simple as that.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


Immediately hire a good immigration lawyer and let him or her deal with that. The lawyer will know how, don't worry.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal


You have got two of those right here on this page.


Read your NTA. It will indicate what's wrong. But you need an attorney, the sooner, the better.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal


Easier said than done, Many lawyers cannot figure out what is wrong by just looking on the NTA. :)


There must be additional facts that are missing from your very short question. You will need to explain them to the Immigration Judge. Don't try to do that without an attorney.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.


The best thing you can do for yourself in this situation is contact an immigration attorney. Based on the information you have provided you may have a relatively good prospect of remaining in the United States.

Attorney Robert Brown's (former INS Director, 1972-99) reply to your question is general in nature, and does not constitute legal advice as all facts are known to him. For specific advice or representation you should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law. Mr. Brown's reply on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship not constitute legal advice.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer