Skip to main content

I came here in may 2009 on visitors visa and overstayed my visa as per the senate bill I do qualify but how do i prove that.....

Marietta, GA |

I just have my passport and my i 94 expired, i dont have much docs bcoz i was staying in pg and but i do have bank of america statement but i did not had no transaction between these days starting from 11/01/2012 to 04/08/2013 & i have my at&t uverse internet bill.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


These documents are probably a good start, but we will not know if you qualify until the bill passes and we have a final version.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500


The Senate bill is not yet law. Thus, we do not know what the final requirements will be if the bill is passed. Therefore, it would be better to wait, and see the final version before determining if you meet any of its requirements.


Whether you qualify will not be known until the bill has passed both houses of congress. For now, all that can be done is to gather as many documents as possible showing your monthly presence in the US since at least December 2011, and preferably since you entered the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


All we know about the Senate bill is described at the link below.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer