I called 911 on someone overdosing and got charged with possession. Should the 911 good samariton law protect me?

Asked 3 months ago - Spencer, MA

A friend overdosed in my house and I called 911.I saved her life.the police searched my house without permission they found a syringe with a cotton shotand iI'm being charged for it.they held me on a$500 bail for defaulting. But the case itself will be this thur . Will this law protect me from being charged for this. And if I'm not charged can they do anything else? They took a urine from me in court are they even allowed to do that?and if they want a urine Thur can I refuse it because I really want to fight this.they should be char being her not me.

1. Malosack Berjis

2

Answered . No, that is not the purpose of the Good Samaritan Law. Furthermore, it sounds like you need to consult with a local criminal defense attorney.