I called 911 on someone overdosing and got charged with possession. Should the 911 good samariton law protect me?

Spencer, MA |
Filed under: Civil rights

A friend overdosed in my house and I called 911.I saved her life.the police searched my house without permission they found a syringe with a cotton shotand iI'm being charged for it.they held me on a$500 bail for defaulting. But the case itself will be this thur . Will this law protect me from being charged for this. And if I'm not charged can they do anything else? They took a urine from me in court are they even allowed to do that?and if they want a urine Thur can I refuse it because I really want to fight this.they should be char being her not me.

No, that is not the purpose of the Good Samaritan Law. Furthermore, it sounds like you need to consult with a local criminal defense attorney.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

What is the purpose I read up on this law and from my understanding that it protects me from being charged especially that it was not my syringe it was hers.

Lauren Craig Redmond

Lauren Craig Redmond

M.G.L. ch. 258C s. 13 provides protection from CIVIL lawsuits as a result of aiding a victim of a CRIME.

Civil rights topics