I called 911 in upson county in regards to person at window. Know the person by name. Had earlier problems.

Asked over 1 year ago - Thomaston, GA

officer talked to mother of known person, and then I was suspect.officer got demanding and very physical to were he repletedly punch me in my face and head.After handcuffing me he throw me off my back porch 5 ft. to ground,I hit the bottom hand rail braking my ribs and many other problems.This is not the frist abuse I've reciecied from upson county sheriffs office. All is recorded. I've seeked medical help at carl vinson vamc. X-RAYS show broken ribs.Have pics of other injuries. Please help Disabled. Also veteran!!!!!!

1. David Thomas Dorer

2

Answered . You may have a 1983 claim. A civil rights atttorney would be able to help you with more of the details.

Generally, a 1983 claim is a federal tort claim against a government entity that deprives you of your constitutional civil rights under the 4,5,6, and 8th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution as applied through the 14th Amendment's procedural due process clause.

These cases are very nuanced and some of the facts which seem to be missing likely will preclude your opportunity to recover. My experience has been that person's who claim that they sought help from the police and then later were brutalized often are leaving out critical steps in the middle which negate any actual deprivation of rights. However, it is always good to discuss your rights and options with an attorney before just abandoning all hope.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . What? Are you telling us that a police officer beat you after you called for help? Please fill in the rest of the details as something is clearly missing.

3. James Regan

Pro

2

Answered . Were you disrespectful towards the officer? Did you quarrel with him?

You need an attorney as soon as possible.

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.