I broke my toe in a grocery store on rubbish on there floor, are they liable for all of my medical bills.

Sacramento, CA |

The store insurance company wants to take money out of my agreed amount of settlement to me to pay for doctors bill. they offered me one amount , I disagreed they added more money but took it back and want to pay the doctor with it. I am a senior and medical payed for most of the bill anyway.

1. It depends on the details of your accident. Its common for insurance companies to try to nickel and dime claimants without an attorney. If you were injured, seek a local personal injury attorney to help advocate for you. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

2. In some circumstances you are required to pay your medical bills from any settlement. This is called a lien. The insurance company is most likely on notice that a health insurer paid for your medical care and now is placing a lien on the case. You should contact a local personal injury attorney to help you navigate this issue.

This communication offers general information based on the very limited information provided, and does not constitute the giving of legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship.

3. It sounds like you may have a good case based on the facts presented. If you you would be entitled to all reasonable past & future medical care PLUS a reasonable amount for pain & suffering (especially if you have any permanent disability as a result of your injury. You should immediately contact a California personal injury attorney. Many, like myself, offer free consultations. Hope you feel better

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

4. You need to get a copy of the incident report and any other documentation, such as your medical records, and have them reviewed by an attorney who is experienced in such claims and can represent your interests. I have personally dealt with other California claims of a similar nature. I have worked personally on numerous injury cases and it is important for you to know that time is of the essence when bringing an action forward. Having proper representation can protect your cause of action. Best of luck to you.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www.KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

5. Have one of the lawyers in your state above try to get you a larger amount.

6. I've been posting my biased opinions and comments here and there on the Internet and Avvo for a while now (since Al Gore invented the online attorney forums, I believe), and every time I see a post about a person doing battle all by his or her non-lawyer self against an insurance company, I keep thinking the post might as well read something like, “my nitwit neighbor needs to get that brain aneurysm removed, but it’s located right near his mah-doola. His headaches have gotten so bad he's up to four forty ouncers a day for the pain. So, what I need to know is whether I should use my Black ‘n Decker cordless to go in through the back of his thick skull or through his big mouth... I owe him as he always let borrow his tools… heck, it’s his drill.”

No one who has suffered personal injury should do battle against an insurance company without a lawyer. No one but a neurosurgeon should do brain surgery, even if one’s neighbor is a notwit.

We personal injury lawyers offer free consultations. We handle cases on a contingent basis. We actually love the game, the battling, the negotiations, the tactics, etc. An injured person should just worry about getting better.

An injured victim’s lawyer will consult with medical experts to determine how much past, present, and future medical treatment will be needed and how much said treatment has and will cost. An injured victim’s lawyer will look as past, present, and future losses of income with regard to job availability, loss of advancement potential, and medical insurance issues. An injured victim’s lawyer will handle all of these issues and much more – including how to handle a minor in a settlement or Court (a parent does not simply get to call the shots)… all the while handling the formidable adversary known as the insurance company.

When a claim involves personal injury and potentially tens of thousands in medical bills, the failure to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer would be the first step down the wrong path.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

7. If Medi-cal and or Medi-care paid any of your bills, they must be notiifed of your case, and they will have to be reimbursed. Failure to do so can result in serious legal problems. .

8. Maybe. Yes, if the fees are reasonable in price, need, and relationship to the premises and if there is no-fault insurance for that purpose. Otherwise, a lot more information is needed to make the determination. BTW, you probably have Medicare not Medi-Cal.