I broke my leg while playing dominoes at the bodega. My uncle Tito then stuck it to me - he told my boss I was playing and not.

Asked over 1 year ago - Montclair, NJ

and not working... my boss fired me, then hired someone with more educational, internationally. Can I sue for the benefits or the leg? How much money can I make? My leg hit the stairs when I went to the basement to illegally play dominoes. Thank you sir.

1. Yolanda Navarrete

2

Answered . If your boss fired you for not working, you do not have a claim.

2. Philip Anthony Fabiano

2

Answered . You didn't explain how this happened other than to say your "leg hit the stairs." You would have a lot of hurdles to overcome in this claim but start with what caused you to fall. You need to show it was somehow created connected to some carelessness from the owner.
    Next issue is whether you worked at the bodega. If you were an employee you may not be able to file a claim against the owner for carelessness. YOu would be able to make a workers compensation claim. In that event the carelessness of the employer would not matter much--as long as you were in the scope and course of your work. NOw it appears you were playing dominos instead of working so that might be a difficult claim. What's up with uncle Tito????
    If this is a serious question--like any of this really happened--then talk to a personal injury lawyer who handles injury claims and workers compensation.