I broke my foot walking home the other night, i can barely move around let alone go to work.

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Personal injury

I am wondering where I am going to get an income to survive until I am better?

It was night time and i tripped over a box laying in the street between two cars by the curb. i came down hard on my right foot and broke the navicular bone on top of the foot. i am now in a cast for 6-8 weeks. I was about two blocks from my house and i tripped over a box next to the curb between two cars. In brooklyn, on Hicks st between sackett and union st.

You need to provide more information but depending on how you broke your foot, you may have a claim for personal injuries, pain and suffering and any economic loss,

New York Plaintiff's Personal Injury Attorney Serving NYC, Long Island, Westchester and the surrounding areas. The information provided herein is not, and is not intended to be, legal advice. The content herein is for information and educational purposes only, and is based on the limited information provided. Any information provided is not intended to, and does not, create any attorney/client relationship where none exists. For legal advice, please consult with an attorney. While this posting is made for informational purposes only for the AVVO community, to the extent one seeks to contact me based on the content herein, or that this may be viewed by some to be attorney advertising, please be advised of the following: *Attorney Advertising

Where were you when you broke your foot? How did it happen? There are more questions to be answered, but this is a start.

I may be contacted at 212-553-9300.

What caused your fall? Was it due to the negligence of a third party? You don't get money just because you got hurt. Were you working? Consult a personal injury lawyer asap.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Facts are needed in order to give you some guidance

I agree with my colleagues. More facts are needed to assess your case. You have a legit injury... So you might as well seek a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss the details of your case.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

If you were caused to fall by a dangerus condition on someone's prioperty, you may have a claim for damages. Consult with a pi attorney

My firm is a second generation family firm successfully handling personal injury and medical malpractice cases for over 35 years. "Let Our Family Help Your Family" www.kileylawfirm.com 516 466-7900

Whose box was it?

You do not have a lawsuit against anyone.

It is difficult to determine whether you have a case from the limited facts you provided but considering the severity of your injuries it is probably worth a free consultation with a local personal injury lawyer.

The fact of the matter is that you must show ownership/responsibility of the item that caused your fall and also somehow prove that it created a dangerous condition considering its placement and location. This is likely a very difficult task as it sounds like you fell over a discarded box that was lying in the street. If that is the case then you really have nobody to sue.

Which side of the BQE did you fall on? Was there construction near by? Did you get a picture of the item that caused you to fall?

The aforementioned opinion does not constitute legal advice and is for general educational purposes only. See an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction for competent legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been formed through the within legal question and answer session.