I broke my foot walking home the other night, i can barely move around let alone go to work.

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I am wondering where I am going to get an income to survive until I am better?

It was night time and i tripped over a box laying in the street between two cars by the curb. i came down hard on my right foot and broke the navicular bone on top of the foot. i am now in a cast for 6-8 weeks. I was about two blocks from my house and i tripped over a box next to the curb between two cars. In brooklyn, on Hicks st between sackett and union st.

1. Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Pro

7

Answered . You need to provide more information but depending on how you broke your foot, you may have a claim for personal injuries, pain and suffering and any economic loss,

2. Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Pro

6

Answered . Where were you when you broke your foot? How did it happen? There are more questions to be answered, but this is a start.

I may be contacted at 212-553-9300.
  3. Matthew C Simon

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. More facts are needed to assess your case. You have a legit injury... So you might as well seek a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss the details of your case.

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . What caused your fall? Was it due to the negligence of a third party? You don't get money just because you got hurt. Were you working? Consult a personal injury lawyer asap.

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . Facts are needed in order to give you some guidance

6. James D. Kiley

4

Answered . If you were caused to fall by a dangerus condition on someone's prioperty, you may have a claim for damages. Consult with a pi attorney

Pro

5

Answered . Whose box was it?

8. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

2

Answered . You do not have a lawsuit against anyone.

9. Anthony A. Ferrante

Pro

2

Answered . It is difficult to determine whether you have a case from the limited facts you provided but considering the severity of your injuries it is probably worth a free consultation with a local personal injury lawyer.

The fact of the matter is that you must show ownership/responsibility of the item that caused your fall and also somehow prove that it created a dangerous condition considering its placement and location. This is likely a very difficult task as it sounds like you fell over a discarded box that was lying in the street. If that is the case then you really have nobody to sue.

Which side of the BQE did you fall on? Was there construction near by? Did you get a picture of the item that caused you to fall?