I broke my denture on my slip and fall .how can i get them to replace them. can i also file a civil case

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

slip and fail in a dept. store on unseen liquid hit the floor pretty darn hard. ambulance was call to pick me up.hit my face and denture broke my left side still have pain.

Pro

11

Answered . You would want to retain a local personal injury lawyer to investigate whether there was negligence, and if so, pursue a claim for your damages.

2. Seth Raven Carroll

Pro

7

Answered . Call a CA injury lawyer soon. Don't talk to anyone about the accident before consulting with a lawyer.

3. James Michael Bergener

Pro

5

Answered . This does sound like an unsafe condition in the department store; did you take any pictures of the liquid? Did you submit a report with the department store? These premises liability cases can be tough. The site needs to be inspected, evidence needs to be collected, witnesses need to be contacted, and proof of prior complaints need to be reviewed. Your best bet is to consult with a personal injury attorney and get some answers for yourself. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

4. Andrew Daniel Myers

6

Answered . Slip and fall accidents are not an 'automatic pay' situation contrary to what many think. Retain an experienced personal injury attorney to go over the facts and circumstances of the accident. Here's why slip and fall injury cases are not an instant pay scenario: [Click-Blue-Link-Below]

5. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

4

Answered . As pointed out you should contact a personal injury attorney. The store may have a medical payment policy which will cover your dentures without regard to liability on the store. Otherwise you will be looking at replacing them yourself and seeking reimbursement from the store. If you want a further consultation please feel free to contact our office in Long Beach 562-981-1010.

6. Matthew C Simon

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Retain a local personal injury attorney to represent you. If the damages/costs/injuries are minor, and do not warrant an attorney, go to small claims court. Good luck.